Menu
2015 Merryvale Malbec Napa Valley

2015 Merryvale Malbec Napa Valley

Add To Cart
$75.00
 
SKU: 15MVMANAPV75012
Wine Specs
Vintage
2015
Varietal
Malbec
Appellation
Napa Valley
Alcohol %
14.5

Winemaking Notes

Sourced from Stagecoach Vineyard, a high elevation vineyard on Atlas Peak in Napa Valley, the fruit for this Malbec was destemmed and gravity fed into tanks. All lots were fermented with native yeasts and malolactic fermentation was done in barrels. The wine was aged for 22 months in 60% new French oak barrels from Allier with the other 40% of the barrels only used once before. The wine was topped monthly, racked three times and bottled unfined.

Tasting Notes

Malbec is one of Winemaker Simon Faury’s favorite varietals to make because of time that he spent in Argentina. It was there that he learned about this varietal and the spice and flower notes that it showcases. Malbec does very well in the rocky soils of Atlas Peak, developing great complexity and depth. This wine is 100% Malbec. The nose opens with notes of violets, blackberry and dark chocolate. The entry on the palate is broad and fresh and evolves with the typical mountain character and rich tannins we expect from a higher elevation vineyard. There is plenty of power in this wine, yet tremendous elegance, reminiscent of the 2012 vintage.